Friday, February 24, 2012

Raw Thai Coconut Soup

Todays entree is a Raw Thai Coconut Soup. Let me start by saying that I don't care for Asian cuisine, but Dagger Deb certainly does, and so you have to make sacrifices. For this recipe, you'll need.
2 Young coconuts
1 Clove Garlic
1 inch of Ginger
1 TBS cold Pressed Virgin Olive Oil
2 Limes/Lemons or a mix
1/2 Cup of Basil
1/2 Cup Cilantro
1 Tomato
1/3 cup of green onions sliced
Thai Pepper
Cayenne to taste
 This made ~ 40 oz. Probably enough for two small bowls or 1 entree. To start shave down the top of your young coconuts to expose the hard shell. Crack the top with the edge of your cleaver and work your way around to open a fist sized to larger opening.
Pour the Coconut water into your Vitamix or high speed blender, scoop out the Coconut "meat" and add it into the blender. I have found that a flexible plastic tsp, or TBS with a bit of an edge works best to scoop out the coconut.
Blend at high speed to produce yummy Coconut "Milk". Add all of the ingredients into the blender or a food processor. If you use a food processor, I would recommend slicing, mincing, dicing and what not to the veggies so there aren't big chunks in the soup.
Viola!! Serve. You can serve this as is or warm to 112 or so. As I stated I am not a fan of Asian, so I am not sure how good this tastes. It tasted o.k. to me, and my eldest said it had the right flavors. It certainly was fresh tasting. Enjoy.

No comments: